Melaka State Legislature consists of the President of the Council of State and a Legislative Assembly called consisting of 28 members appointed by the Federal Constitution. Speaker of the State will hold conferences from time to time and will lead the conference.
Member of the Legislative Assembly will be maintained for 5 years if not dissolved in the period. The President may dissolve the State Legislative Assembly. Once dissolved, a general election must be held within sixty days from the date of dissolution.
LEGAL COUNSEL OFFICE OF MALACCA:
Office of the Legal Adviser of Malacca was established under the Department of the Attorney General, Malaysia that serves to:
- Melaka State Government advise on any legal matter.
- make laws for the State of Malacca and manage its publication in the Gazette.
- conduct the prosecution of criminal cases.
- represents the Melaka State Government in all civil suits.
- making revised and reprinted Malacca Enactment.
- prepare legal documents for Melaka State Government.
- help Melaka State Government providing legal advice on all aspects of the state administration, the relationship between the State and Federal Governments and the private sector.
- responsible for the drafting of state legislation to be published inGazette.
Legal Adviser of Malacca
Office of the Legal Adviser of Malacca
Level 1, Block Laksamana
Seri Negeri Ayer Keroh
- 06-230 7561(Advisory Unit)
- 06-230 7368 (Unit Revision and Law Reform)
- 06-232 8506 (Finance Unit&Administration )
Fax : 06-2328540
Head of Prosecution
Tuan Shahidani Bin Abd Aziz
Office of the Legal Adviser of Malacca
Prosecution Unit and Legal Unit
Level 4, Menara TM Jalan Wisma Negeri,
Tel : 06-2328525 (Pejabat Am)
Faks : 06-2328545
Website : https://www.punm.gov.my
DEPARTMENT OF LEGAL AID:
Functions of the Legal Aid Department
- Provide legal advice in all legal matters.
- Represent or provide legal assistance in all matters falling within the jurisdiction of the Legal Aid Bureau and as the third schedule (Civil Jurisdiction) Legal Aid Bureau, 1971 at the settlement out of court or in the court case.
- Provide mediation services for the resolution of the case out of court level or stage of judicial proceedings.
- Provide information and awareness to the public Laws which are under the jurisdiction of the Legal Aid Bureau and the relevant law.
Cik Royalina Binti Faudzi Joshua
Address :Legal Aid Department of Malacca
Level 6, Menara Persekutuan
Jalan Persekutuan, Hang Tuah Jaya,
75450 Ayer Keroh , Melaka
Tel : 06-234 5277
Faks : 06-234 5280
DEPARTMENT OF INSOLVENCY:
The functions of the Insolvency
- Administer the affairs of the debtor and the bankrupt under the Bankruptcy Act 1967 and Bankruptcy Rules 1969.
- Perform functions as Provisional Liquidator or the liquidator appointed for companies wound up in accordance with the provisions of the Companies Act 1965 and the Companies (Winding-Up) 1972.
- Administer the affairs of the body are canceled in accordance with the Societies Act 1966 and Societies Regulations 1984.
- Administer the affairs of the union Trade Union Act 1959 and the Trade Unions Regulations 1959.
- Conducting investigations and law enforcement related to any suspected offense committed by the bankrupt or director of a company under the Bankruptcy Act 1967, the Companies Act 1965, the Societies Act 1984, the Trade Unions Act 1959 and under any other relevant legislation the bankruptcy or winding up of the company.
- Prosecute all types of criminal and quasi-criminal cases under the Bankruptcy Act 1967 and the Companies Act 1965.
- A source of reference to the Department and the Government in respect of any legal problems regarding the bankruptcy or winding up of the company arise.
- Representing the Government, the Department, and the company wound up bankrupt in all civil proceedings in court.
- Search provides individual bankruptcy status and the status of the company.
- Manage the financial affairs and accounting department of insolvency and production activities on behalf of the Government through the resources under the control of authorized under the Bankruptcy Act 1967, the Companies Act 1965, the Financial Procedure Act 1957 or the Treasury Instructions.
State Director of Insolvency
Puan Siti Nor Asmah Binti Mohd Noor Nordin
Department of Insolvency Malaysia
Branch of the
Level 12, Menara Persekutuan
Jalan Persekutuan, Hang Tuah Jaya
75450 Ayer Keroh,
Tel : 06-234 5521 / 22 / 23
Faks : 06-234 5524